Put down your walkers crisps…and make your own?
Crisps are a great and tasty snack, but they’re not always the healthiest.
I found a recipe where you can make your OWN crisps with just a few (VERY) simple ingredients:
- 1 potato
- salt and pepper to taste
And that’s it!
Mind blown yet?
Here’s the recipe:
- Slice up your potato into very thin slices (if you can, use a mandolin slicer)
- Use paper towels to dry the potato slices
- Line 1/2 plates with parchment paper (essential so the potato slices don’t stick)
- Place potato slices on parchment paper
- Season your potato slices
- Microwave one plate of chips at a time on high for 3-6 minutes
- When the crisps turn a golden brown in the center, use oven mitts to remove the plate from the microwave (it’s very hot!) and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Remove the crisps from the parchment paper and put in a bowl.
- Crisps will harden after they cool down and become crispier. Eat when cool and crunchy!
And we’re done!
Let me know if you try out the recipe and how your crisps turned out!